Monday, February 07, 2005

Tigers: Hormone vision

I am a romantic, a love freak.
I do not want to have sex with another man’s wife, nor do I think that making love should be an extreme sport of some kind. I love to love people and to make them love me. It’s just that when you finally got them loving you they need so much attention that my mind gets very irritated as it cannot go out wandering.
Women in love behave like four-year-olds: Papa look, papa see, papa hear, papa play…
They also have a hormone vision. In your silence they see things that you never imagined that could be seen or heard in somebody who is not even quite there.

I’ll give you an example:

As we know, tigers are nothing but dumb cats and young tigers are but gigantic kittens. They play kitten games. Their size does not mean intelligence or dignity, far from it. One day in march I went to the zoo with my that time girlfriend. Tigers were out, it was a nice sunny morning with fresh-fallen white snow. There were two teenage tigers getting bored with each other, picking up a fight, bouncing back and forth.

I started throwing snowballs at them.
Their striped faces lit up with enthusiasm and they started to chase the balls in mid-air. Sometimes they got snow on their faces, sometimes they missed and were clearly puzzled where the thing that existed a while ago had vanished. A teenage tiger is about two and a half meters tall when it jumps up in the air, quite a magnificent sight.

People gathered around the gage and there was a laughter. Tigers were having a good time and so was everybody else. So I thought. But my companion was standing with her back turned at the animals and me. She was sulking. As I asked her what’s the matter she burst in tears and run away. I caught up with her and asked what was the matter. She sobbed that there were two young girls looking at me. I had just seen two red skiing overalls but nothing of their insides.

She had seen more. Her legal position had been threatened. Never mind the laughter, never mind the fresh-fallen snow or the silly striped animals. The puppets in her terrarium had started to move on their own, she was not in control any longer. Funny how my mind takes me to good times and pleasant places while hers pushes her off the cliff if she wasn’t on the alert.

I wonder how such minds could be educated if at all.
Is there a Nirvana for souls like hers...

No comments: